NISMR No.: LDY014:033
Monument Type: City Walls
Ferryquay Gate is located on the site of one of the four original gates. The gate originally had a drawbridge and tower; this was replaced by the present day gate in 1866. It probably led down to the ferry and later, to the first city bridge. It was this gate that on December 7th 1688 was closed by the thirteen apprentices to prevent Jacobite troops entering the city, leading to the siege of 1689. The later carved heads represent the Revs George Walker and James Gordon. The present structure was built of brown ashlar sandstone. It has a central semi-circular-arched vehicular opening flanked by two semi-circular-arched pedestrian passages
All 3D models, videos and images of this cultural heritage object/site are the copyright of the Discovery Programme and can be licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-ND).
High Resolution Data
3D Capture Method: Terrestrial laser scanning (TLS)
3D Capture Description: Phase based terrestrial laser scanning using a Faro Focus 120 laser scanner. The instrument quotes the following specification:
- Distance accuracy up to ±2mm.
- Range from 0.6m up to 120m.
- Measurement rate up to 976,000 points/sec.
- Intensity & RGB. Integrated colour camera.
- Photorealistic 3D colour scans with up to 70 megapixels.
- Parallax-free colour overlay.
Laser scans geo-referenced using RTK GPS with VRSnow corrections
Data Processing Software
Processing of point cloud data: Faro Scene & Pointools
Meshing of data: Geomagic Studio 2012
3D Modelling & Texturing: Autodesk Mudbox, Mari, 3D Studio Max