SMR No.: WI023-010----
Monument Type: Church
Situated SE of St Kevin's church in the NE corner of an enclosure defined by a drystone rubble wall. These mark the foundations of a small nave and chancel church. Features which are still evident include a W door, a narrow chancel opening, a door in the S wall of the chancel, which may have led to a sacristy, and the foundations of a stone altar. The church is possibly dedicated to St Kieran, founder of Clonmacnoise, and there is a possible reference to its burning in the Annals under the year 1163.