NISMR No.: LDY014:033
Monument Type: City Walls
This was one of the four original gates into the 17th-century city, although the structure we see here today was built in 1805. The River Foyle originally flowed up to the foot of the city walls here and ships that entered Lough Foyle moored close by for people and goods to be unloaded.
The present structure was built in the first decade of the 19th century of ashlar sandstone and has a single elliptical-arched opening.